Wednesday 24 July 2013

Moving on

Today is the 24th of July, a day which is significant in the history of this country. Many from the older generation and the present younger generation have bitter memories of this specific moment in history. However, my intention isn't to write about this incident. What made me write this post was coming across discussions on Facebook with reference to this particular incident. 

Having said that, it me think that harbouring ill feelings towards people simply because you have had to face bitter moments due to certain events in the history of this country, is just not done; I feel. Having these negative feelings makes one unhappy and bitter. It really doesn't do any good and I was able to see this for myself when I was reading those discussions. It had me thinking. 

It made me realise that people just keep thinking of the past and make themselves unhappy reminiscing these incidents. At the risk of sounding like a cold, unemotional person, I tell you, move on! There's nothing good that's going to come out of thinking of the harrowing incidents of the past. One must learn to put it behind, where it is should stay and move on. Walk towards the future. 

Actions from the past doesn't necessarily define the future. Nothing positive will come out of acting on those bitter memories. One must learn to forgive the past incidents. Don't get me wrong here. I am not saying to forget what happened. Remember it, so that in that remembrance such an incident will not reoccur. 

My take-away for you from this post is:
Remember, sometimes you have to learn to forgive what happened  in the past, if you want to move forward. It's not that you have to forget what happened, just strive to  make peace and create a better not bitter atmosphere for the future. 

No comments: