Monday 24 May 2010

Life: intricate or not?

A recent conversation with a friend of mine got me thinking if we really know what life has in store for us! I mean seriously, we have these dreams and aspire certain things in life. Surely there are some of us who make elaborate plans in life too-I am not guilty of that however. What got me thinking was, how does one know how these plans will turn out? I mean there's no guarantee of any kind to let us know that what we wish for will come true. Even with all that, we still do, do we not?

A few years back-I can't recall what led me to do this- I stopped making plans and started going with the flow. Yes, it can also be interpreted as I-let-life-take-me-where-it-wants-me. Having said that, I haven't really lost out much on 'life'. Far from it, I would say. I think I have enjoyed more of 'life' due its spontaneity! I am surprised and that is exciting!

See for me, plans, however minute they maybe have a tendency to just melt where they started. So after much trial and error- more error at that- I learned not to keep my hopes up on what I want and let myself go with the flow! This little method of mine has brought me along way. It has kept disappointments at bay-simply because I am not expecting anything, so there are no standards set to be disappointed about and I am stress free and take the utmost pleasure in being surprised caught off guard! However, it goes without saying that I still do come across my fare share of disappointments, but at least it too takes me by surprise so, I can laugh it off should I choose to!

For me, life is truly complicated I would say-cliche I agree. I don't want to figure it out. I just want to enjoy the time I'm living while I am at it. I have made up my mind to enjoy the intricacies and the mysteries it brings my way and take it with a stride. What more can I do right? If this helps me to be happy, then why the hell not?

4 comments:

Restless Ecstasy said...

Life is indeed intricate and all tangled up. I've always been the "no-finely-detailed-plan" sort of person; there IS a plan but very vague so that it can be moulded according to the circumstances.
But I think the key is to not have too much expectations. Hope is fine.. expectation is not. Problem is, there's a fine line between the two which makes it all the more harder. meh.

Robesof a Muse said...

So true.. so true... But doesn't hope, in it's own way sort of led to expectations?

Purple said...

so goes the saying, "hope for the best, plan for the worst"
life is not complicated if you don't want it to be. depends what you expect from it, which in my case works quite well because i dont expect much. just live for the moment, success in life is measured by happiness created or happiness in the world that has been the result of you, if that makes any sense =\

Robesof a Muse said...

lol... I do plan for the worst :) That's where the pessimist in me makes the most of life! hehe.. No, I don't make my life complicated on purpose, it's the external factors that do that for me. Yes, I do live for the moment. It's the best ever! The little things in life truly get me on a high ;)