Wednesday 4 January 2012

Path to My Inner Being

Life is like a rat race. That's a fact. This is what modern life is and it's made us in to rats! 

I have been running in this race for far too long I felt, and I wanted out. I wanted out really bad. So I got out. 

It was simple. It's shocking some would say; but I am happy. At least more than I was several months back. I am smiling again. 

I decided that I need to take this 'time off' and rediscover myself. I missed who I was before this rat race started. I have been up to a bit of soul searching and have realised that I miss the spiritual side of myself. I miss the meditating, and that wonderful connection I had with my inner being. I miss the time I had to sit and read or even to get some proper sleep. I realised, we don't have to wait till we are old and grey to enjoy these things. These are some of life's most simple wonders that we fail to see, in our race to reach the top (or where ever it is that one intends to reach). 

I'm back to being in love with my surroundings; with nature. I realised the rat race hadn't given me the time to enjoy it as much as I wanted. I stare at the clouds as they float over me. I stick my head out of the vehicle, to breathe in the fresh air (not in the City of course!) loving the feeling of the cool air wash over my face and taking with it all my worries. I am loving the fact that I can go on spontaneous trips, just to enjoy the countryside. I am blissful. 

I have come to realise that I miss the silence that the City doesn't give. The humming of insects and the chirping of birds. I miss the whistle in the wind that can be heard only when you're truly listening.  I miss the smell of the Earth, in its uniqueness from place to place. The richness of our nature, that we fail to see, because we don't stop running. 

I miss being at home (not my house home) but completely within myself. I think I am starting to feel whole again after a long time. 

I guess I am smelling the roses as I walk. 

"Even if happiness forgets you a little bit, never completely forget about it." Jacques Prevert 


4 comments:

Ranga de Silva said...

It's good to stop and smell the Roses so to speak!

Robesof a Muse said...

I know. It feels good too! :)

Anonymous said...

The first thing I notice was "Pervert" for Jacques Prevert #Fail

But so know what you mean. We need to stop running. Feels like we are losing out on ourselves.

Anonymous said...

Struck a chord with me. Luv it!