Saturday 14 May 2011

As I Sit by the Window.....

As I sit by the window, 
I realised that my life moves on, 
just like the clock that ticks and the clouds that flow by. 
I realised that some times, 
I am the change I am looking for and that change is some times internal. 
It is something I have to make happen, 
as that change cannot otherwise, occur.

As I sit by the window, 
I realised, there are more things in life to worry about, 
more than the petty issues that do seem the world at the moment. 
I realised that I need to think big, 
and dream big, 
because nothing can stop that. 
I also realised, that whilst dreaming, 
I have to enjoy the present. 
Because, the present it is a lovely gift, 
wrapped in a not-so-good-looking wrapping paper at times, 
that I just have to deal with.

As I sit by the window, 
I realised, that the days will change and the moments too, 
just like the sun that passes behind a fluffy cloud, 
or the rain clouds that comes in. 
I realised that whether my days be rainy or sunny, 
I have to walk on, as life is not going to sit around waiting for me, 
but I have to keep abreast of life. 
I, and only I have the power to control my life.

As I sit by the window, 
I realised that I can fly, just like the birds outside. 
As I am not shackled in my imagination and thoughts. 
Even though I may be restricted in some ways,
I realised that I have the power to overcome those obstacles and give myself wings to fly. 
I realised, it only takes a moment to see this.

As I sit by the window, 
I realised I am my greatest friend, 
and that I need to help myself grow from strength to strength, 
because if I do not help myself, no one will be able to do so. 
I realised I am my greatest source of happiness, 
as others will walk in and out of this home called life, 
but I will always remain with me.

- Robes of a Muse

4 comments:

vositha said...

love it :)

Anonymous said...

i agree with you, life will be filled with rainy and sunny days. We just need to be strong :) *hugs

Cow said...

Best work yet. :)

Robesof a Muse said...

Thank you Vositha! :)

I am glad you are able to empathise with my writing Radhi. :)

Thanks Cowie, appreciate the compliments! :)