Sunday 1 May 2011

Friends. Those Angels in Disguise


I have heard people complain that they don't have good friends. I think one has to be real lucky to have a good friend. In my case, I think I am really blessed, because I have them in abundance. And I wouldn't trade a single one of them, as they all work their magic on me. 


It's not that easy to find a good friend. I have come across people who say they are pure, but end up being darker than coal. 

I am known to be chirpy. It's a character trait that has decided to come out from the darker more morose person I used to be several years back. However, when I do  have a bad day, I know I am not alone. I have my own group of cheer leaders, who do exactly that, cheer me up! If not for them, I don't know what my moods would do to me. 

I know I can't fool them. Be it with a fake smile to cover the sadness that lingers beneath or a fake laugh, pretending to enjoy the jokes around, when I am bleeding within. Sometimes, even without seeing me my friends are sure to read me. They will understand my monosyllabic language, sometimes, surprising even myself. 

I guess this is my way of thanking them, the little angels in my life, that help me go through life's journey. Holding my hand when I am scared, hugging me when I am feeling down, being by my side when I need the encouragement and most importantly being there for me, sometimes invisible to me. But, being there for sure. Always.

So thank you my angels for being there and encouraging me, every step of the way. 

You should know you're loved and appreciated! :)

No comments: