Monday 24 May 2010

Lost Soul

Conversations with friends are truly intriguing! I can safely say that! I wonder if this has happened to anyone else, where you are of the assumption that a certain friend has their life and everything to do with it, all sorted out and then end up knowing they are far from it.

It's quite eye opening, when you hear that one of your good friends considers them self a 'lost soul' when all along you thought they were quite settled in life and was content with it. I don't know how to express my shock. I mean how does that happen? If everyone around them thinks they are 'settled' and to the contrary they are not?!

This had me thinking throughout the night that we are all such lost souls- so to say. Aren't we all trying in vain to figure out who we are and what we are doing? Are we not trying to find out the purpose in life? I for one know that I have no clue at all as to what I want to do with my life. I suppose I am the most 'lost' person I know! Apparently they are equally lost people around me, but looks like I've not seen it or could it have been that I chose not to see it? How ever it may be, the fact at hand remains that we-as human beings- are more lost than we give room to think.

Once a friend told me, if you're happy with the way you're living and if you can smile at the end of a long day, then you should be content with your life. I believe there is weight in what she said. For if we can't go to sleep at night and have a peaceful night's sleep, then there is something to worry about.

I think i have gone astray from where I started off. I, as an individual, have stopped trying to figure my soul. I have decided that I will remain in this state of being 'lost'. It's more to do with my peace of mind, than anything else. I feel that I am and I can enjoy life more this way, than having to figure out where I want to go and what I want to do with my life.

I think being 'lost' in life, has its pros and I am going to indulge in this 'lost-ness' more and more to come!

2 comments:

Purple said...

well i completely agree with your friends way of doing things :) purpose is a superficial thing that can change with emotions and circumstances, because after all it is an assumption we make with our imperfect minds. the essence of life is simplicity and the day by day approach simplifies it. the universe, the world, are all vast and its just a dead end to continuously contemplate your belonging in the greater scheme of things. hence bhags
wake up in the morning, smile because you live another day, look around you and humbly smile for the things your lucky to have that others aren't, and most importantly smile because you're an awesome person we are all lucky to know who makes us smile :) we are lost in the end, but that's the fun part ;)

Robesof a Muse said...

thanks Lassie :) I'm lucky to have you for a friend too :) And smile, is what I intend to do while I cruise along my life ;)