Monday 9 November 2015

A State of Peaceful Happiness


Content. What does this mean? It's a word that's been constantly flung around by a lot people. People say they are content or they are not. But what do they really mean?

The Oxford English Dictionary says it is being "in a state of peaceful happiness". And this is something I have been feeling of late. I am really very happy about myself and my life. I know most will gasp at this, but that's how it is. I'm just happy. 

It's simply being satisfied. Satisfied about how things currently are and how things are progressing. It's a state of not worrying about the future. A state where I'm confident about how things will turn out. It's also a state where I have come to terms with the past. I'm neither saying I had a horrible past nor that it was a smooth walk. But I have dealt with the bad experiences, learnt from those mistakes, and come to where I am today; the present. And I suppose, this, makes me happy. 

Being content probably also means you will not let day-to-day problems affect your attitude towards life. That you will take the problem by the horns and will attempt to understand why it either bothers you or what affect its pros and / or cons will have on your life. It's the understanding that comes with it.  

I also think being content has a lot to do with who you are. Raise a few eyebrows and give me a quizzical look, perhaps? What I mean is, coming to terms with your individuality. Understanding who you are. And this is something i have been doing for a while, and I believe I am starting to see the benefits of it. It doesn't mean I am obnoxious and unpleasant about what I know about myself or my self-confidence. 

Contentment is also probably a state of self-awareness. It means, I understand my strengths and weaknesses and know what qualities I need to improve and what I need to relieve myself of. 

So this is my take on being content. It's probably a feeling. I don't know the exact word/s. I don't think phase would do justice to it. But I know I intend to let this last for a long time. 

Hope you also find contentment in your life. And hope the little insight from mine will help you towards achieving it. 
Credits: upfluence.com

No comments: